Tuesday, March 9, 2010

My Sweet Grandma...

My sweet Grandma passed away this morning at 3:15 am! She was such an amazing woman and loved by everyone that knew her especially her children and grandchildren. She has dealt so bravely with an extremely aggressive form of breast cancer for the last couple years, and she did it always with a smile on her face. One of the things that was most endearing about my grandma was her sence of humor. Even a couple nights before her passing when all of her family was around her listening to her give some words of advise, there wasn't a dry eye in the room, and she said "OK, enough boobing" and started singing a song she use to sing to us as children... "a boop boop diddum daddum waddum, Choo"... it was really funny and sweet that she could be so positive in the face of death. I am so extremely grateful that things worked out so that we got to spend the last couple days of her life with her. I was touched and comforted when we got to stand around her and have a family prayer and sing her favorite hymn "More Holiness Give Me".
She will be soo missed, but I know that she is happy and without pain now and that makes me happy! It brings tears to my eyes when I think of the reunion there must have been that moment on the other side of the veil as her Mom and Dad and Sisters and loved ones greeted her as she passed. And though I don't look forward to death, I look forward to the day when I am able to be reunited with her!
I LOVE YOU GRANDMA!
 

2 comments:

Brooke said...

I will always remember her singing that song as I sat on her lap! Well said Cara! She will be greatly missed!

Chelsie said...

i'm so sorry for your loss car, and what a sweet tribute to your grandma