Tuesday, January 13, 2009

the girla's

Cora started eating rice cereal this past week! Yea... she loves it! But she has been having the first couple day struggles. One night while feeding her, I had to turn it over to Hadlee... She insisted... Cora obviously likes her big sister feeding it to her, cus she eats with no problem from Hadlee.
These pictures are from her very first time! She is such a cutie!
We love little Cora.
As Matt would say... she is our Diva child! He kinda thinks she is high maintenance some of the time. Only because she is either super happy(most of the time) or suddenly with no warning, super mad (only some of the time) and it is only when she is tired or hungry, there really is no in-between with this one!! She is the CUTEST thing when she is happy. But I tell you, when she is mad, I fear for the glass objects within the vacinity.:) We love her!
Well WELL well... Hadlee babe got her self some bangs this last week! WOw...I cut 4 inches off! It made me sad at first... but I've found that change is always good. Her Daddy loves them too.
She is so full of life.
She doesn't love the change of having to share a room with her baby sister though. When Cora wakes up in the middle of the night to eat, she is not so happy. She will start crying and get mad and say "it's OK cora!" It really is kinda sad, But she definitely loves her baby Cora still!
Hads also started a little playgroup with 3 year olds around the neighborhood and loves that. Its fun to have friends that she can play and learn with! Matt loves to see how excited she is to come home and show him the pictures that she colored and tells him all about what she did with her friends.
She is also loving her dance class! It is so cute, because every night after her bath and once she is in her Jammies, and before she climbs in bed, she has to have twirling time! She will stand in the middle of the room and put her hands above her head and spin until she falls over! She cracks me up.
Oh, and she also started sunbeams this last month at church and thinks she is so big! I asked her Sunday what song they sang and she said "Jesus Christ" I was just like.. oh wow.. then she says "Mom, my savior Jesus Christ"... I was pretty amazed she had picked up on that! Then to my surprise I hear her say " I'll honor his name.", and I'm thinkin... Wow she is a smartie pants... So Matt and I just sat there in a stupor, trying to think how she knows all this...then it hit us...she was singing the song "I belong to the church of Jesus Christ"! Even though it's not a huge deal, It was really amazing to me to see her understand and say those things. I love that she loves church! It is soo fun to see her grow...it's kinda sad, but I understand more and more the whole "Joy and rejoycing in my posterity" thing...
Oh, and one last thing, if your wondering about the title of this post... sometimes girls are girlas to Hadlee and she will have to correct me...she will say, "Mom... can you say gir...la....ya its girla". and I think its too funny not to remember! She is so funny. We love her!!

4 comments:

Michelle and Jason said...

She looks so grown up!! That is so amazing she picks up on things in sunbeams because we can't get Tyler to say anything about it, but that is just him.

Linsay and Jake said...

Kids are amazing, aren't they?! I can't believe some of the things that Bregz picks up on either! I love Hadlee's bangs!!! What a cutie!

Kristin said...

oh..I love her bangs. she is so dang cute...and so is cora. I remember so clearly the first time jaxson ate rice cereal. How sad. they grow up so fast. AND...sunbeams. Oh my word. I will die when that's jaxson. Doesn't that seem so big!

You have some darn cute kids that's for sure. We need to get together soon for a playdate. I'll be calling you next week.

Maria said...

Cara,
your girls are adorable! I want a girl so bad. Gosh, Cora has the biggest most beautiful eyes. I love them.

Anyway, I changed my blog address to 888davidandmaria instead of davidandmaria888 just in case you want that info. :)

You look good, my dear!